Sunday, October 7, 2018

Deschutes Brewery - One Shot Wonder

One Shot Wonder
Location: Portland, OR
Date: May 5, 2018
Tag Team Partners: None

(Blogger's Note: It's been a while since I've posted.  Between a long few weeks at my day job, and lots of things going on the past month, I've been pretty busy working lots of hours for multiple days in a row and traveling around the country.  The next few posts will be subsequent, but were from 1-3 months ago.  I apologize for the delay, but sleep and bills need to happen/get paid.)



We went into Portland for Ren's birthday (Cinco De Mayo of all days) and I can never go to Portland without stopping at Deschutes.  Ren loves the 4-story Powell's Books, so it's a great opportunity for her to walk around looking at books, while I head down to the brewery to try their new beer.

This was a short trip for me, but very worthwhile.  The beer I chose really hit the spot, and I don't regret it.  Hopefully next time I'm down this way I can really do a full review of both Deschutes and Breakside.

I have a high opinion of Deschutes.  To date, it rivals Georgetown for best beer in the Pacific Northwest in my opinion.  More on that in a later review.


Click on the link for more information about Deschutes

On my Tap for the Evening was: 

Style: Sour
Untapped Rating: 4/5
Description: "Amazing almond sour.  A sour beer that morphs into Dr. Pepper."
Comments: This was a strange beer that really turned into something great.  This was brand new when I tried it, but it was definitely worth it!  You sip it, and pucker up because it's a pretty sour beer, but once it turns up that aftertaste, you get the refreshing flavor of Dr. Pepper.  Amazing!  Highly Recommended, especially if you like sweet surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment